Location: Remote / Start Date: Winter 2021-22
WHO WE ARE: COMPANY OVERVIEW
The Schreifer Group (TSG) is an award-winning woman-owned, veteran-owned small business passionate about achieving the best possible outcomes through collaborative design processes. With extensive federal planning, training, and facilitation experience, we work with clients and partners around the world to build innovative solutions-oriented plans and strategies to guide future development.
TSG is headquartered in Washington, DC, and offers a flexible working environment. Our employees work remotely and use virtual platforms to collaborate. You can be based anywhere if you have access to a strong internet connection. Team members must be willing to support morning meetings on Eastern Time and be flexible with working hours to support clients and partners across time zones worldwide.
Our team loves to learn and work together, and we are constantly pursuing improvement and innovation in everything we do. If you join our team, you will have the following opportunities:
• Exposure to a variety of planning projects and flexibility to pursue areas of interest
• Work with a team that prioritizes continuous learning, pursues thought leadership, and has fun together
• Ability to guide the way our team works and how we support our clients and partners
• Learn about business management and growth in an entrepreneurial environment
• International and domestic travel
THE OPPORTUNITY: POSITION OVERVIEW
TSG is seeking a federal planner who is passionate about serving federal clients and doing excellent work. This is a mid-level position that will expand to include future project and people management opportunities as TSG grows.
Support Client Engagements
• Ensure high-quality execution of all aspects of scopes of work; oversee decisions related to staffing, budget, and deliverables
• Cultivate trusting and productive relationships with clients and partner organizations
• Maintain effective client and partner communication, including providing regular updates and responding to feedback
Create and Manage the Production of High-Quality Planning Products
• Oversee all phases of the planning process, including determining production schedules, assigning team roles, monitoring execution, coordinating the contributions of multiple partner organizations, and managing quality assurance/control
• Create planning products aligned to federal guidelines and industry best practices
• Design and facilitate charrettes – highly interactive, multi-day planning workshops for large, diverse stakeholder groups
Support The Schreifer Group’s Growth and Development
• Contribute to organizational culture, structures, and systems
• Participate in business development and marketing efforts
• As opportunities arise, take on more senior-level project management and client engagement responsibilities
• At least 5 years of experience working on federal master planning projects
• Degree or qualification (e.g., AICP) in urban planning, landscape architecture, architecture, civil engineering, or a related field
• Experience developing relationships with senior-level clients and partners
o Ideal candidates are customer-service oriented and have an understanding that their interactions are central to client experiences with TSG. You must be target driven and committed to follow through – we do what we say we are going to do in the timeframe we say we will do it. We highly value responsiveness and going above and beyond for our clients and partners.
• Experience presenting to groups and facilitating complex discussions with multiple stakeholders
o Ideal candidates are good listeners, enjoy interacting with others, and have strong public speaking skills. You thrive in environments where you can bring people together to collaboratively solve problems.
• Strong writing and editing skills
o Ideal candidates know how to convey complex information and concepts clearly and efficiently. You have strong attention to detail in ensuring that written products are error-free.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to engage on multiple projects simultaneously
o Ideal candidates demonstrate an exceptional ability to plan and execute multiple workstreams. You know how to prioritize and have the agility to flexibly change plans in the face of evolving information. You exhibit strong judgement, manage to deadlines, and love creating innovative, high-quality products.
• Willingness to work remotely and adapt hours to client time zones worldwide
• Willingness to travel (typically not more than 50% in a given month)
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED):
• Federal project management experience
• AICP or other relevant certifications (PMP, PE, AIA, ASLA, LEED, etc.)
• Prior military or federal service or connection
• Experience with federal contracting (RFPs, SF 330s, TORNs, etc.)
Interested applicants should send a 1-2-page resume and a 1-2-page statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
• What is compelling to you about federal master planning in general and The Schreifer Group in particular (please include some thoughts about your career goals and how TSG is a fit for you)
• A description of your federal planning experience, including the types of projects and products you have worked on previously
Please ensure either your resume or statement of interest addresses your proficiency with Microsoft and Adobe products and visualization/graphic software programs (if any).
Expected salary band: $70-85K based on experience and qualifications.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will follow up with more information for those selected for our interview process.
The Schreifer Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Benefits include 15 days of paid time off, an additional 12 paid holidays (including a company-wide end of year office closure 24 Dec – 1 Jan), a company-funded professional development plan, a 401K with a 4% match, insurance as needed, and a home office stipend.